The D55146 is a heavy-duty, 200 PSI, 4.5 gallon, 120 volt electric, hand-carry with a mobility kit that is built to stand up to the toughest conditions on a jobsite. The D55146 produces the air necessary to support up to three framing nailers or two roofing nailers simultaneously.
The unique, patented high efficiency motor and high pressure pump provide a maximum pressure of 200 PSI with 5.2 SCFM @ 90 PSI so you never lose pressure. The D55146 is convenient, with an oil free, maintenance free pump and is easy to move & store with pneumatic wheels. It’s the perfect compressor to choose if you need a lot of power and a low maintenance tool.
The Dewalt D55146 Air Compressor is available at Amazon.com for over 45% off retail price. Click here to take advantage of this excellent price with free shipping.
One of the best things about this compressor, is the fact that you will never lose pressure to your nail guns before the motor kicks on again. With the Dewalt 55146, the motor kicks in when the pressure drops to about 160 psi, and since it pressurizes to 200 psi, you get a consistent pressure through your hose.
Here are some great features of the Dewalt D55146:
- 5.2 SCFM at 90 PSI allows the compressor to recover quickly after its initial tank charge is exhausted
- 78 dBA* operational noise level for a quieter work environment (* tested per ISO3477)
- 200 PSI max tank storage pressure provides a user with 80% more usable air than the industry leader
- Vertical stand feature and collapsible handle allows a user to save space by transporting or storing the compressor in a vertical position
- 10-inch non-flat foam tires allow for easy transportation around the jobsite; EHP Efficient high pressure technology allows for longer pump and motor life
As with other Dewalt products, the overall construction and quality is very high. The pneumatic wheels are great for moving it around in the garage and storing upright. The handle is solid and extends/retracts smoothly. The gauges are easy to read and the connectors are solidly built-in.
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the Dewalt 55146:
Plus points of this model air compressor:
- Wheels: This compressor is heavier than 70 pounds, but those wheels make life so much easier, having it all integrated as a single unit is a huge bonus. The handle extends easily and quickly for smooth portability.
- 200 PSI and the more important numbers: 5.4 CFM at 90 PSI are pretty great. It opens up alot of options in terms of running a variety of air tools, this compressor should have no trouble with any other air tools I could conceivably use.
- Low noise: Air compressors are noisy beasts, but this one is pretty tolerable in comparison. The normal cycle on is at about 160 PSI, and it runs at around 1750 RPM. It’s pretty calm sounding, again, as compressors go. No accompanying vibration.
- Price. It’s not cheap, but this compressor compares very favorably to others at this price point in terms of features and technical details.
So far I’ve only used the compressor for finish and brad nailing. The Dewalt has proven way overqualified for that job. No problems at all to this point.
K. Borchers (Auburn, WA USA)
Review paraphrased for space – view original here
Tags:air compressor,air compressor reviews,dewalt 55146,dewalt 55146 review,dewalt air compressor